Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
We are happy to announce that the KGWG’s study hub for ODW 2022 will be
held by the Center for the Gravitational-Wave Universe, Seoul National University.
- May 23, 2pm-6pm (introductory session) and May 24-26 from 10am - 6pm, KST at Seoul National University
- Around 15 people are allowed to participated.
- You can find the schedule and registration link at the the KGWG study hub wiki page: https://kgwg.nims.re.kr/wiki/KgwgStudyHub4ODW2022
- Mentors will be available in-person to help you answer your questions.
- According to the Korean government regulations, all participants should wear face masks, but beverages are still allowed in the meeting room.
Virtual study hub - European Zone #0
Hi all, we are organizing a Virtual study hub with some of the open data workshop mentors. Please find below the details
- On Gather Town. The Study hub will be virtual and will take place on May 24-25-26 from 14.30 to 16.30 CEST. Check this link to see your timezone.
- A total of 22 participants.
- You can register using this Google form.
- Mentors from the open data workshop will be available to answer your questions about GW science and more!
- We do not have COVID restrictions, but please note that given the limited number of availability we request you to communicate as soon as possible any change in your participation plan.
See you online !
Northwestern University / CIERA
We are excited to be holding an in-person Study Hub at the Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics (CIERA) at Northwestern University, just a few miles from downtown Chicago. Here are some details:
- Location: Room 7-600 on the 7th floor of the Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics at Northwestern University, located at 1800 Sherman Ave, Evanston, IL 60201
- We can host about 20 participants. Please sign up here.
- We will follow the virtual tutorials together, and then local experts will be available to help you through the exercises and answer other questions you may have.
- COVID-19 Protocol: Currently Northwestern has no restrictions for visitors, but we kindly ask participants to be fully vaccinated prior to the Study Hub as well as wear a mask indoors when possible. We will be in touch with participants if the protocols change.
- Point of Contact: Zoheyr Doctor
IP2I Lyon (France)
We are organising a in-person study hub in Lyon (France).
Local Gravitational Waves team members will be happy to welcome you at IP2I to follow together the online lectures, work on the tutorials and answer your questions. When possible, remote discussions with other study hubs in the same time zone will be organised.
- The meeting will be at the Institut de Physique des Deux Infinis de Lyon (IP2I) - Campus de la DOUA - 4 rue Enrico Fermi, 69622 Villeurbanne
- Coffee, refreshments and snacks will be provided during the tutorial sessions
- We have room for maximum 15 participants, and available PCs for about 10 of them (please mention in your registration if you will use local computers or if you prefer to work on your laptop)
- See more details (including the schedule) and register here GWOSC Open data workshop 2022 - Lyon Study Hub (23-25 mai 2022): Accueil · IN2P3 Events Directory (Indico)
CUCEI at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico
We are opening a Study Hub in the Centro Universitario de Ciencias Exactas e Ingenierías (CUCEI) at the Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico. This Study Hub will be coordinated by the Mexican GW Data Analysis Group (http://www.gravitationalwaves.mx/), and will be hybrid (in-person and online).
- Location: Departamento de Física, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Exactas e Ingenierías, Universidad de Guadalajara, Av. Revolución 1500, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 44430, México.
- Registration: Complete the form https://bit.ly/GWscihubGDL.
- Experts: In the Study Hub there will be experts in GW data analysis to answer questions.
- COVID-19 requirements: mask.
See you there!
I want to join a virtual study hub which is belong to Indian region, but I am unable to find. It’s also not possible for me to host a hub. Can someone help me?
Università di Padova
A Study Hub e palce in Università di Padova:
Location: Aula: P2D - COMPLESSO PAOLOTTI
mercoledì 25/05/2022 09:30-12:30
giovedì 26/05/2022 10:30-13:30
Type of venue: in person
limited number of participants: 15
The hub will host experienced GW analysts to help you
COVID-19 requirements: at the moment a mask and a green pass are required to enter University
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Oregon
We are hosting an in-person Study Hub at the University of Oregon, with the undergraduate SPS and LIGO group. Here is the relevant info:
- Location: Willamette Hall Room 318, 1585 E 13th Ave, Eugene, OR 97403
- We will watch the streamed lectures together, and then meet again in the evening to help each other work through the exercises. People can feel free to come to some or all of the times we are meeting, which you can denote in the signup form linked below.
- We have space for about 20 people, Please sign up here
- COVID-19 Protocol: We kindly ask participants to be fully vaccinated prior to attending the Study Hub
- Point of Contact: Bruce Edelman (email@example.com)
Is it possible to allow for more participants to attend the Study Hub at IUCAA Pune? I see that the registrations are closed, however, I was wondering if I can be informed regarding some opening or extension in capacity for the study hub.
I am Saksham Chandna, an MS thesis student from IISER Bhopal.
Virtual Study Hub
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Virtual Study Hub:
- May 23rd, 24th, and 25th from 10am - 12:30pm Pacific Daylight Time
- This particular Study Hub will take place over Zoom
- Mentors will be online to help with question as you work through the tutorials
- The Registration Portal goes live on May 13th at 1PM Pacific Daylight Time
- Space is limited to 20 participants, plus mentors.
Looking forward to meeting you on Zoom!
Hi! Would you be allowing more participants in the study hub? Or would it be possible to host more than one study hub simultaneously at TIFR? Kindly look into these possibilities. I would love to have a chance to attend an in-person study hub.
Hi, I am interested to join this virtual study hub. I have submitted the google form.
Hello, I am Chinmay from Pune.
Since the IUCAA hub has filled up, I thought of starting another hub. IUCAA has a lot of experienced GW analysts and researchers. Could one of them please help us out in this new hub as well?
Thanking in advance!
Chinmay (+91 8275697022)
Hello, is there any virtual study group still accepting applications?
hi, did they contact you about hosting a virtual hub, I’m from India too, couldn’t get a hub. I applied for the two virtual hubs but didn’t get a chance. it was sold out so fast…
Hello, I haven’t received any messages yet.
How could I join IUCAA’s study hub.
Department of Physics, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Hey everyone! I have made a discord server if you want to introduce yourself before the meetup at ICTS. Here’s the link. Discord link
Any slot for a virtual study hub ?